Our Process is totally electronic. Each province however has different requirements we will guide you through the process where necessary.
By accessing the renewal website you are able to select check my status and input your registration details. Our system will then let you know the current status of your licence renewal.
Service Fee: This is the fee payable for the processing and delivery of your new licence disk.
Department Fee: This is the cost of your annual vehicle licence and is calculated according to the weight of your vehicle. This licence disc fee is determined by the Licencing Authority where your vehicle is registered.
If you have fines that are blocking the renewal of your licence e.g. warrant of arrest or enforcement order, you will need to pay these fines before the licence disk can be issued.
The Tare Weight is the weight of your particular vehicle and is required for licencing purposes. The Tare Weight is displayed on the right-hand side of your licence disc.
Yes, once you have added your vehicle and before making the payment you have the option to enter your delivery address as a residential or business address. This will not affect the address you registered with on our site or the costs of your licence renewal.
You’ll receive a confirmation sms when your licence disc is dispatched with our friendly courier. Our deliveries take place between 8am and 5pm from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
Yes, you will be able to renew your licence disk if your current disk has expired. Any penalties and/or extra fees will be sent to you as a payment link which you’ll need to settle before your new licence disc is delivered to you.
Yes, you’re able to renew any licence disc whether it is expired or not. The cost will be pro-rated, so you would pay the full renewal amount and we’ll refund you the difference in the costs once we have your new disc.
For a company vehicle the following is needed: Clear image of Current Licence disc, CK Document, Proof of Company Address, Copy of Proxys ID and Proxy letter.
Yes ,you can renew through our service and we can deliver anywhere in SA.
Currently renewals are taking longer than usual and you can expect your renewal to take approximately:
5-10 working days in Gauteng and Kwazulu-Natal
10-15 working days in Northern Cape, Free State and Limpopo
10-25 working days in Eastern Cape
There are 6 common reasons why your disc may not be issued:
The Licencing Department will accept the licencing fee paid but The Licencing Department will not issue your new licence disc.
The Licencing Department will advise us exactly what the issue is and we’ll assist you in resolving the issue.
The User hereby authorises Carlience and its Suppliers to be its lawful agent with full power and authority to retrieve user vehicle information from the relevant licensing authorities (including the Road Traffic Management Corporation (“RTMC”) and to process relevant vehicle licence disc renewals on its behalf. For such purpose, such authority shall include the power to (i) set up an account on my behalf with the RMTC’s National Traffic Information System website (“NaTIS”) and (ii) to use such account to retrieve such information as may be necessary for the renewal of a motor vehicle licence including the Motor Vehicle License Renewal Notice Form (“MVL2 Form”).
The Users further authorises Carlience’ Suppliers to provide Carlience with any and all relevant vehicle information related to the Licence renewal being effected.
Carlience offers its customers the option of renewing their Vehicle Licence Discs for specified municipal areas using the various channels provided for by Carlience and its Suppliers.
The service includes the Renewal of Vehicle Licence disks with the relevant authorities, notification of Blocks, electronic updates on service progress and delivery of the licence disk to the nominated delivery address.
The specified municipal areas covered under this service may be expanded or contracted by Carlience and its Suppliers without prior notification to the User.
Integrity of informationThe User is responsible for the accuracy of all information provided in the use of the service. If the User does not provide accurate information pertaining to, or critical to the efficient or accurate provision of this service, the sole responsibility for any and all errors and or costs lies with the User.
Whilst Carlience and its Suppliers make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information provided to Users is accurate at the time of providing this service. Carlience and its Suppliers make no representations, guarantees or warranties of any nature whatsoever concerning the information accuracy and integrity. The User shall be solely responsible for any decisions or actions taken based on the information provided correctly or incorrectly through the use of the service.
Information SecurityAll User information provided is handled and kept as strictly private and confidential and is secured by various data security methods. Personal information will not be shared with any third party without the express written consent of the User or in terms of a court order or where such information is legally required to be shared in the processing of a renewal. By accepting these terms and conditions the User authorises Carlience and its Suppliers to use the pertinent information provided in order to process their Licence Disc Renewal and retrieve Licencing information on their behalf with the relevant Licencing authorities.
Whilst Carlience and its Suppliers take all reasonable steps to safeguard the security of any information the User may provide, input or send to Carlience during the use of the service, Carlience and its Suppliers accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any damages that Users may suffer as a result of the breach of confidentiality of such information.Service DisclaimerCarlience and its Suppliers shall operate this service with all reasonable care, skills, policies, procedures and security measures in place to ensure the effective provision of this service to the User.
Except as set out in these terms and conditions, Carlience and its Suppliers;
· provide no warranties with regard this service.
· shall not be liable to the User by reason of any representation unless fraudulent, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of these Terms and Conditions, for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of your Service Provider and its Suppliers, its employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the Use of the Licence Disc Renewal Service (whether in contract, delict or otherwise).
· are providing this service within the borders of South African and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in terms of the law of the Republic of South Africa.
· are not responsible for any delays caused by the relevant Traffic departments by means of Strikes, Natural disasters or any other delays beyond the reasonable control of your Service Provider, its Suppliers and suppliers.
· in their sole and absolute discretion, may amend these terms and conditions, or any part of these terms and conditions at any time without notice to Users.
Disclosure of information to third parties
Carlience and its Suppliers;
· reserves the right to access and disclose personal information provided by the User to comply with applicable laws, regulations and lawful government requests.
· may provide statistics in regard to sales and other non-identifying or personal information to third parties,
· will not disclose any personal information collected about and/or from Users without the express consent thereto or through due legal process.